Lead Software Engineer (.Net)
RemoteCanada, British Columbia, BurnabyProduct
FoodX is growing, and we're looking for a Lead Software Engineer (.Net) to join our fully-remote team (from ANYWHERE in Canada)!
As a Lead Software Engineer with FoodX you will
lead our Outbound engineering team to lead the development, management, and maintenance of OMS, Routing, and Apps for the FoodX eGMS solution. This role is both a technical lead and a people leader.
FoodX is a subsidiary of Freshlocal Solutions (TSX: LOCL); a Vancouver-based leader in end-to-end grocery e-commerce solutions. Our mission is to leverage innovation and technology to create a sustainable and profitable food system for all. We have developed deep expertise across the farm-to-fork value chain, both digitally and physically. Combined with explosive growth in the industry, plus having gone public in 2021, our business is at an exciting stage of our growth!
- Oversee and manage a number of projects for both current needs and future vision.
- Manage team members to ensure the delivery of projects on time and within budget.
- Convey leadership focus into executable projects and deliverables.
- Provide leadership for all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle.
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Write scripts, deployment frameworks, tracers, monitors, self-healing/auto-remediation tools and automate the processes
- Work on the continued development and improvement of the FoodX Outbound products.
- Lead and develop team members while being a strong individual contributor.
- Add new features to the underlying platform for analyzing more functionalities.
- Additional duties as required.
- You have significant technical expertise creating products in a .Net Core/Azure.
- You have strong experience in Agile and TDD development environments.
- You have delivered at least one significant and complex software product.
- You are exceptional at team execution, addressing bottlenecks efficiently and removing hurdles to enable each team member to operate at their highest level of productivity.
- You have a strong sense of ownership with projects, from conception to release.
- You are optimistic and work well with a variety of personalities.
- Superb interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate with large multi-functional technical and business teams in a distributed environment.
- Immediate eligibility to work in, and from Canada, with at least 4 hours of overlap with the Pacific Time Zone.
What's in it for you?
- Join now and receive an initial $250.00 of SPUD credit, and another $250.00 of SPUD credit after six months of employment ($500.00 total)
- 20% discount on SPUD.CA purchases
- Flexible health spending plan options and benefits available for all team members working more than 14 hours per week
FoodX's approach to inclusive hiring
Our team is committed to building relationships rooted in trust, integrity and respect. We believe in a growth mindset and support our team members' personal and professional growth in a safe work environment. We know from experience that great talent comes in many forms and we want to meet you at your best. Please let us know if we can provide unique accommodations that will enable your equal participation!
Our values are more than just words to us. Our values drive our success and guide our growth:
- Create amazing customer experiences. We are passionate in our commitment to deliver for our customers.
- Lead with sustainability and consider our impact.
- Learn, grow and make time to celebrate wins together
- We welcome different perspectives. Diversity makes us stronger.
- Prioritize, work smart and deliver results for our stakeholders and each other.
- We are committed to our mission and that requires resilience, persistence and grit to persevere and succeed.