Spain Operations Manager
RemoteSpain, Comunidad de Madrid, MadridProduct
FoodX is looking for a full-time, permanent Spain Operations Manager. This manager will be based out of Madrid, Spain.
The Madrid Operations Manager represents the FoodX Solutions business on site at our client’s Central Fulfillment Center (CFC). They are responsible for assisting with the implementation and the ongoing sustained success of our FoodX Solutions platform. As the ongoing in-country representative, they will uphold the values and interests of our organization, while ensuring that our client receives the utmost in responsive and effective customer service.
FoodX Technologies is a scalable end-to end SaaS eGrocery Management Solution. We are committed to helping grocery retailers succeed in online grocery with a scalable and profitable solution while developing and sharing sustainable practices to help reduce the environmental impact of delivering groceries. We are a passionate team of nice people, who want to make a difference, because we believe that sustainability works best when shared. If the idea of helping food retailers succeed with their online efforts, while reducing carbon emissions, food waste, and single use plastics resonates with you, please apply to join our team now!
FoodX is a subsidiary of Freshlocal Solutions (TSX: LOCL); a Vancouver-based leader in end-to-end grocery e-commerce solutions. Our mission is to leverage innovation and technology to create a sustainable and profitable food system for all. We have developed deep expertise across the farm-to-fork value chain, both digitally and physically. Combined with explosive growth in the industry, plus having gone public in 2021, our business is at an exciting stage of our growth!
- Support client on site as key contact for all communication, issues and initiatives
- Own the in-country client relationship and ensure that all their service needs are met
- Aid in the initial build, implementation and launch of the client’s CFC utilizing the FoodX Solutions platform and procedures
- Continuous improvement of FoodX platform and procedure performance
- Training and support for client personnel on FoodX systems and procedures
- Keep the pace with the explosive growth of an extremely deadline-driven environment
- Monitor performance and deliverables against promise SLAs/KPIs, propose and implement solutions
- Assist with implementation of new features and tools, as developed
- Manage critical issues or outages, and coordinate teams to deliver rapid resolution
- Coordinate with other departments within FoodX to support client success
- Strategize weekly, monthly and yearly objectives and ensures they are executed according to schedule
- Prepare and present reports on status, achievements and challenges
- Regularly confer with leadership team in Vancouver, Canada to review reports and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions
- Work collaboratively with other departments towards operational excellence
- Other related duties as assigned
- A completed Bachelors Degree from an accredited University
- Authorized to work in Spain/EU without sponsorship
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in English and Spanish
- Flexibility to work weekend or irregular hours, as demands dictate
- Previous experience in an Operations or Production Management position
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Legislation
- Strong analytical ability and strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, working on your feet, and in cooler/freezer rooms as required
- Experience using ERPs. Being part of an ERP implementation is a strong asset.
- University Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field and MBA preferred
- 5+ years of management experience within warehouse management, logistics and supply chain
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills
- Commitment to company values
- Strong process improvement mindset and a background in 5S or other continuous improvement methodologies
What's in it for you?
- Join now and receive an initial $250.00 of SPUD credit, and another $250.00 of SPUD credit after six months of employment ($500.00 total)
- 20% discount on SPUD.CA purchases
- Flexible health spending plan options and benefits available for all team members working more than 14 hours per week
FoodX's approach to inclusive hiring
Our team is committed to building relationships rooted in trust, integrity and respect. We believe in a growth mindset and support our team members' personal and professional growth in a safe work environment. We know from experience that great talent comes in many forms and we want to meet you at your best. Please let us know if we can provide unique accommodations that will enable your equal participation!
Our values are more than just words to us. Our values drive our success and guide our growth:
- Create amazing customer experiences. We are passionate in our commitment to deliver for our customers.
- Lead with sustainability and consider our impact.
- Learn, grow and make time to celebrate wins together
- We welcome different perspectives. Diversity makes us stronger.
- Prioritize, work smart and deliver results for our stakeholders and each other.
- We are committed to our mission and that requires resilience, persistence and grit to persevere and succeed.